- Western Oregon
- Seattle Pacific
- Central Washington
- Western Washington
- Simon Fraser
- Saint Martin’s
- Northwest Nazarene
The top five are complicated, but here’s the reasoning:
- WOU has figured out their lineup the best of any team so far -they know what they’re working with now and they’ve been able to get it to function consistently without a ton of continual tweaking.
- SPU only has one bad loss among a few head scratching losses -they seem close to figuring it out.
- CWU has a bunch of fantastic guys, but the team is still seen as volatile.
- WWU has the best loss of any team in the conference (to Tarleton State), considering it’s being viewed as a down year for basketball on the west coast.
- SFU has a killer guy in Sango Niang and knows their system well, but as other teams figure it out and are more prepared for it, there could be problems ahead.
In short: SFU jumped up, Anchorage fell down, MSUB fell way down.
Up next: players to watch during conference play.